It has taken me many years to perfect this, with either cleansers irritating my sensitive skin, or moisturisers which end up being far too oily.
- Cleanse: To cleanse I use the previously mentioned pot of mud, that is Angels on Skin from Lush. This is followed by Boo Boo Zap from Benefit for those oily spots on my T-Zone. This is a new product for me and I love it already. It’s an ointment which you put over any troublesome areas three times a day. I feel like it dries out slight more oily areas and has helped clear up any spot outbreaks.
- Tone: Eau Roma Water from Lush, which is a sensitive toner with lovely floral fragrance to leave your face squeaky clean.
- Moisturise: I love the Simple products, not only are they really cheap, but they are ideal for my sensitive skin. They have a thick consistency so you only need a tiny bit and it lasts for along time. I’ve really noticed the skin brightening around my eye since i’ve started using this as well.
- Cleanse: firstly I use Simple Micellar water to take my make up off. This gets the bulk of it off and then I use Argon + cleansing oil to get rid of the remainder and clean my face. Putting the oil straight onto dry skin is very soothing, and turns to more of a milk when you rinse off. To be honest you could just use this, as it’s very good at getting make up off.
- Tone: As above I use the Eau Roma Water.
- Moisturise: As above the Simple moisturiser and eye cream.
Once a week I do a face mask, I really like the witch hazel charcoal mask from boots. Slather a thick layer on, leave for 10/15 mins and wash off. Great for clearing the pores and giving the face a really deep clean. Don’t use a white face cloth like I did or it turns it dark grey!
What’s your daily skincare routine?