I have literally bought a million mascaras in the last year on the quest to find one that lengthens and volumisers. I am convinced I have freakishly small eye lashes whilst everyone else seems to be sporting long luscious beauties. I have about ten in my make up box at any one time, but below are the top five…so far!
1. L’Oreal Volume Million lashes – previously I didn’t trust high street brands, i feel like you have to spend at least £20 to get a decent mascara but this one proved me wrong. This one is super volumising, i love it, using it daily at the moment. Tips on how to use it to get the best smokey eyes here.
2. Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara – I don’t massively love the new brush, I like the really thick one they used to have. But it is still a really good volumising mascara, when i’m treating myself I go for this one. I really love the fake lash look and this really delivers. Keen to try the Perversion one next.
3. Benefit They’re Real – 10 out of 10 for lengthening and stays put pretty well, volumising is about 8 out of 10. So for a more simple/natural long lash look, i’d use this one.
4. Benefit Bad Girl Lash – Got a good thick brush, none of this weird comb business, on a par with the Urban Decay one for me. A more middle of the range price wise.
5. Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express – another high street high performer! At around a tenner is one of the cheaper ones so would go for this on more of a budget. This one and the L’Oreal, both seem to have about 20 different versions with slightly different packaging and name, but i can’t tell the different between any of them!
6. Christian Dior DiorShow Blackout – the pros – this mascara provides really volume and is very black, so very good at definition, and you only need a couple of coats. However, the cons are that is more expensive than the others and that it smudges and on a hot day I do get panda eyes. I don’t know if I have a really sweaty face though. So winter yes, summer no.