I react very randomly to some haircare products, loads are fine then occasionally i use one that leaves me dunking my head in cold water, ice bucket challenge style, as i feel like my scalp is on fire. I always get matching shampoo and conditioner as i’m cool like that. But i don’t know why the shampoo bottle is big and the conditioner bottle is small?! I have long hair so need loads of conditioner! It’s about medium sized (not sure that’s a thing but not thick or thing) so i want it to add volume whilst deep cleaning as live in pollution filled London. I also have a fringe which brings its own set of problems as gets greasy very quickly and grows about ten times faster than the rest of my hair!
Below are my top haircare products for sensitive skin, you’ll see that they are entirely randomly and most not actually marketed as ‘for sensitive skin’ but these are the ones that have worked for me and I actually expect a lot from my shampoo and conditioner.
- Aveda Pure Abundance Shampoo and Condition – this is beautiful and I love it, I would buy it all the time if I could but is very expensive. Smells great, leaves hair soft, works well with other hair products. Have also used the Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner – this one is a bit of a cheat as I got it free at a hotel. I had to use it as an emergency as was just so relieved when I didn’t have a reaction to it!
- TiGi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey – this smells amazing! And is my current fave. Leaves hair really sleek and shiny, I use with the TiGi Bed Head Small Talk volumiser as well.
- Klorane – I used the nettle (!) but one ignore the fact it looks like a bottle of disinfectant. This is by far the most gentle shampoo I have used that still washes your hair well. Use in conjunction with my super sensitive beauty products when my skin goes mad.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash – Love the salt spray ( more on that later) so decided to try out the shampoo. I really like it as I like my hair to be messy, and it gives a lot of texture, but if you are looking for a sleek do this isn’t the one for you.
- Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy – this shampoo and conditioner was great, made my head really soft and smelled great. The coconut one on the other hand, made my scalp really itch and I freaked out i was going to have an allergic reaction and had another shower, which resulted in my being very late to work but with hair still in tact!